This Rice-A-Roni Chicken bake basically cooks itself. Start the dish before you leave, and by the time you get home, it’s done, and ready to serve!
- 4 quarters or 8 chicken legs
- 1 box Rice-a-Roni, chicken flavor
- 1/4 cup white rice, calrose or long grain
- 1 2/3 cup water
- 1 tsp Fresh Ground Pepper – pantry
- 2 tsps Garlic powder – pantry
- 1 tsp Salt – pantry
- 2 tsps Paprika – pantry
- Mix seasonings together and sprinkle over chicken. You can leave skin on chicken and remove after cooking or go skinless. Just make sure to season well, before baking.
- Preheat oven to 350. Mix 1/4 cup white rice to packaged rice a roni vermicelli/rice mixture and pour into a 13 x 9 roasting pan. Spread rice around to coat bottom of pan. Microwave water till near boil. Add rice a roni seasoning and pour over rice.
- Place seasoned chicken onto rice, spread out from each other by a few inches or so. Cover with tin foil and seal tightly. Place pan in oven and let bake for 1 hour (depending on size of chicken, you might have to go 1 1/2 hours). Remove cover and baked an additional 10 -20 mins or until chicken looks nice and brown. Serve hot with a salad or fresh garden veggies and dip.