These Roasted Garlic Mushrooms taste amazing, and I could literally have them for a side dish every single day.
- 16 even-sized open cup mushrooms, stalks cut level
- 3 tbsp corn or vegetable oil
- ¼ c unsalted butter, softened
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped very finely
- 2 tbsp fresh thyme, chopped
- 1½ tbsp lemon juice
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- ¼ c fresh breadcrumbs
Join my free Group. There are a lot of members who exchange their recipes and cooking tips: Click here
- Preheat the oven to 200C/400F/gas mark 6. Lightly fry the mushrooms, cap-side down, in hot oil for 20 seconds.
- Arrange the mushrooms in a shallow roasting tin with the stalks facing upwards.
- Mix together the butter, garlic, thyme, lemon juice and seasoning. Spoon a little garlic butter on to each mushroom, then lightly press the breadcrumbs on top. Either refrigerate for later use, or cook immediately in the oven for 10 minutes.
Recipe and Photo: Cocinando con Alena