- 2 pounds potatoes, sliced into 1/2-inch-thick pieces
- 1 onion, halved and each half cut into quarters
- ½ cup canola oil
- ½ cup olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary or more to taste
- 1 tablespoon freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C).
- Combine potatoes and onion in a roasting pan; cover with canola oil and olive oil. Add garlic, onion soup mix, rosemary, and black pepper and stir until potatoes and onion are evenly coated. Cover roasting pan with aluminum foil.
- Roast in the preheated oven for 25 minutes. Remove foil and continue to roast until potatoes and onion are browned and edges are crispy, 15 to 30 minutes.
More crispy = only covered for 10 minutes. Less crispy = covered (can then be whipped or mashed as well for incredible mashed potatoes). I also love to saute bell peppers on the stovetop 10 minutes before serving and present them on the roasted veggies.
Stir with a large spoon every 15 minutes if you will be bothered by having a couple pieces seared to the pan.