Loved this Simple Crock Pot Chicken! This recipe is a good starting point many recipes, so feel free to add vegetables if you like. You may also use any chicken part for this recipe.
- 4 large skinless chicken breasts (bone in)
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can chicken broth
- 2 (7/8 ounce) packages chicken gravy mix or 2 (7/8 ounce) packages mushroom gravy mix or 2 (7/8 ounce) packages brown gravy mix
- fresh cracked pepper
Join my free Group. There are a lot of members who exchange their recipes and cooking tips: Click here
- Place chicken breasts(you may remove bones if you like) in crock pot. Pour in chicken broth. If it doesn’t cover the chicken, you may add a little bit of water. Cook on low 8 hours, or high 4-5 hours. Check for tenderness. When it fall off the bone when pulled with a fork, remove from crock pot. Remove bones
- In a saucepan, pour 2 cups of broth from crock pot. Add 2 packages gravy mix and stir until it thickens, about 2 minutes. If you like you can make gravy from scratch, using the crock pot broth.
- Serve gravy over chicken. I always serve this with mashed potatoes, but noodles would be good too. You may season to taste at this point, but the gravy mix and the chicken broth are pretty salty, so taste first. Enjoy!
Recipe and Photo courtesy of: Food.com