Since I’m cheap, I never pay the extra $3-5 for shrimp fajitas when we are out to eat. Instead I buy a pound of shrimp and make them at home.
- Fajita Seasoning
- 2 tablespoons corn starch
- 4 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- ¾ teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Shrimp Fajitas
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 medium white onions, sliced
- 2 bell peppers, sliced
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 lb shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 4 teaspoons fajita seasoning
- 6″ tortillas
- sour cream, salsa, cheese, shredded lettuce, avocado
Join my free Group. There are a lot of members who exchange their recipes and cooking tips: Click here
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large cast iron skillet (or any that is oven safe) heat oil over medium high heat. Saute peppers and onions 10-15 minutes. Season with a little salt and pepper. When onions and peppers are starting to soften and brown. Push to one side and add shrimp and 3-4 tbsp of fajita seasoning. Let cook 1-2 minutes untouched on the stovetop. Then transfer to oven to cook for 5-6 minutes.
- At this point shrimp should be fully cooked, toss them around to make sure all are cooked and if not continue to cook an additional 1-2 minutes in the oven.
- Mix peppers, onions, and shrimp together and carefully place the hot pan on a trivet the table for self serve.
For the seasoning: Combine all together in ziploc bag or small jar. Shake to mix through. Use 3-4 teaspoons per pound of meat.