These Slow Cooker BBQ Short Ribs are so good there won’t be leftovers! A little bit sweet with just the right amount of mustardy zest. If you’re feeding a big crowd, double or triple the recipe.
- Fine sea salt
- Ground black pepper, to taste
- Granulated garlic powder, to taste
- Onion powder, to taste
- 5 lbs beef short ribs
- 1 large onion, coarsely chopped
- 2 cups of barbecue sauce of your choice
- 2 tablespoons of honey
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- ½ can or bottle of Beer
Join my free Group. There are a lot of members who exchange their recipes and cooking tips: Click here
- In a small bowl, mix sea salt, pepper, and garlic and onion powders. Adjust seasoning as necessary, then season ribs with the mixture.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, brown the outside of ribs.
- Place a layer of roughly chopped onions at the bottom of a slow cooker.
- In separate bowl, mix together the barbecue sauce, honey and mustard.
- Add ribs a little at a time to the bowl and make sure they are well coated in the sauce.
- Place ribs in the slow cooker on top of the bed of onions.
- Pour beer over the top once the sauced ribs are in the slow cooker, so that the sauce mixture cascades to the onions at the bottom.
- Carefully stir the ribs to combine ingredients.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 6 to 8 hours.
- When done cooking, switch the slow cooker to warm setting.
- Before serving, skim excess fat from the sauce (you may need to remove the ribs to do this).
- When ready to eat, simply serve ribs directly from the slow cooker or transfer to a platter.
Recipe and Photo: Foodista