You can prepare this favorite orange chicken directly in your slow cooker. It doesn’t get any easier than that. It’s both sweet and spicy and is sure to win the night.
- 2 large carrots, peeled and cut into slices about 1.5 cm thick
- 2 large red or green peppers, cut into half-inch pieces
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 3 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tsp ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 8 ounces of concentrated orange juice
- 2 cups mandarin orange segments or fresh orange segments
- 2 Green onions, chopped
- hot rice
- Place carrots, peppers, garlic, then chicken, soy sauce, ginger, salt, pepper and almond; frozen orange juice in slow cooker.
- Cover and cook over low heat for 4 to 6 hours. Serve the chicken on a hot cooked rice dish. Garnish with orange segments and green onions. Serve the chicken liquid in a gravy boat, if desired.
- Sauté Chinese vegetables to accompany. I use Napa cabbage, baby corn, water chestnuts, bamboo shoots and broccoli.