Dessert recipe that has an apple cake topped with a caramel topping and pecans.
The best cake you will ever eat.
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 cups thinly sliced apple
- 1 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 4 Tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup evaporated milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pecan halves
- Do NOT preheat the oven.
- Spray a 13×9 inch pan with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat sugar, eggs, and oil at medium speed with a mixer until smooth.
- In a separate bowl, sift together flour, salt, and baking soda.
- Stir flour mixture into egg mixture until thoroughly combined.
- Add apple and nuts. Gently stir until incorporated. Spread batter in prepared pan.
- Place pan in a cold oven. Bake at 325 degrees F. for 50 to 55 minutes. Let cool in pan.
- Pour warm Caramel topping over cake in pan. Instructions below.
- Cut into squares, and garnish with pecan halves, if desired.
- In a small saucepan, bring sugars, butter, and evaporated milk to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Cook, stirring constantly for 2 minutes.
- Stir in vanilla,
- ***Yield approximately 16 serving.
You also might enjoy this cake: How to Make the Most Amazing Chocolate Cake