This creamy potato salad has the perfect balance of tang and savoriness. Don’t let the steps scare you off… the end result is worth it. This salad is loaded with boiled eggs and celery which provide a nice flavor. The bacon not only gives some saltiness but adds a nice crunch. This really is the perfect potato salad for any summer barbecue or picnic.
- 4 c Hellmann's real mayonnaise
- 1 c yellow mustard
- 2 Tbsp salt (less can be added for personal preference)
- 4 tsp sugar (less can be added for personal preference)
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 16 c cooked, cubed potatoes, skins on (red potatoes are what I usually use, but any will work)
- 1/2 c apple cider vinegar (to keep potatoes from going brown and for flavor)
- 24 hard-boiled eggs (my family loves a lot of eggs in the salad)
- 4 c chopped celery (I usually use less, but I personally am not a fan of too much crunch in the potato salad)
- 1 lb bacon, cooked until crumbly (if I want something quick, I will go and buy 4 bags of the real-bacon pieces from the store instead)
- 7-10 dash(es) Sriracha hot sauce (trust me, you won't really know it's there, but it gives the salad a good flavor)
- pinch paprika
- Boil your potatoes until just done and able to be poked through easily with a fork.
- Drain, set aside to cool.
- Once cooled enough to handle, cube the potatoes and put them in a large bowl.
- Hard boil your eggs; set aside to cool completely.
- While the eggs are boiling, fry up your bacon and set it aside to cool. De-grease on some paper towels.
- In the bowl with potatoes, combine the mayonnaise, mustard, salt, sugar, black pepper, and apple cider vinegar.
- Being careful as not to stir the salad too much.
- Add crumbled bacon.
- Roughly chop your hard boiled eggs and add them to bowl.
- Add chopped celery.
- Sriracha should be the LAST thing added. Once all ingredients are in the bowl, give the salad a few good folds to combine and coat potatoes.
- Finish off with some paprika.
- Cover. Put into the fridge. Chill or let sit overnight. (Overnight is always better. The flavors can combine better that way.) Serve chilled or at room temperature.