This Spanish Chicken with Chorizo and Potatoes really just involves throwing everything into the tray, no marinade, no cutting of various vegetables and no washing of a sink full of dishes!
- 3 tablespoons regular olive oil
- 12 chicken thighs or drumsticks (bone in, with skin)
- 1 3/4 lbs Spanish chorizo sausages, whole if baby ones, or cut into 4-cm chunks if regular-sized
- 2 1/4 lbs baby potatoes, half the larger ones
- 2 red onions, peeled and roughly chopped
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- grated zest of one orange
- salt to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and place 2 wire racks on the upper and lower thirds. Put the oil in the bottom of 2 shallow roasting tins (I used jelly roll baking trays), about 1 1/2 tablespoons in each. Rub the skin of the chicken in the oil, season with salt accordingly, then turn them skin-side up, 6 pieces in each tin. Divide the chorizo sausages and the new potatoes between the 2 tins.
- Sprinkle the onion and the oregano over, then grate the orange zest over the arranged contents of the 2 tins. Cook for 30 minutes, then swap the top tray with the bottom tray in the oven and baste the contents with the orange-colored juices. Continue cooking for about 30 minutes or till chicken is done.