- 1-3/4 pounds ground sirloin
- 1-3/4 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1-2/3 cups finely diced onion
- 1-3/4 (29 ounce) cans diced tomatoes
- 1-3/4 (15 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 1-3/4 (14 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried sage
Join my free Group. There are a lot of members who exchange their recipes and cooking tips: Click here
- In a large stockpot brown ground meat. Drain fat and add pepper and onion. Cook until onion is translucent, not letting them brown.
- Add tomatoes, tomato sauce, broth, thyme, sage, and season with salt and pepper. Cover and simmer for 30 to 45 minutes, until peppers are tender.
- In another saucepan boil 2 cups water, and add rice. Cook until rice is tender and then add to soup. Heat soup through and serve.