- 1-3/4 pounds of earth sirloin
- 1-3/4 green pepper, chopped
- 1-2/3 cups finely diced onion
- 1-3/4 (29 ounces) cans of diced tomatoes
- 1-3/4 (15 ounces) cans of tomato sauce
- 1-3/4 (14 ounces) can chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried sage
Join my free Group. There are a lot of members who exchange their recipes and cooking tips: Click here
- In a large pot, brown the ground meat. Drain the fat and add pepper and onion. Cook until the onion is translucent, without letting it brown.
- Add the tomatoes, tomato sauce, stock, thyme, sage, and season with salt and pepper. Cover and simmer for 30 to 45 minutes, until the peppers are tender.
- In another saucepan, boil 2 cups of water and add the rice. Cook until the rice is tender, then add it to the soup. Heat the soup and serve.