Crispy on the outside, tender and moist on the inside. These sweet and sticky chicken drumsticks were delicious and ready to be devoured in under an hour.
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 12 chicken drumsticks
- 1/4 cup chopped scallion
- Combine the balsamic vinegar, honey, brown sugar, soy sauce and garlic cloves in a large resealable bag. Add the chicken to the bag and seal. Marinate in the refrigerator for 2 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees. Line a rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil. Top with a cooling rack. Remove the chicken from the bag, reserving the marinade, and arrange the drumsticks on the cooling rack. Bake until the skin is caramelized and dark in spots, about 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place the leftover marinade in a small saucepan, uncovered. Bring the marinade to a boil, then reduce the heat to a simmer and cook over low heat until thick, about 15 minutes. Use a pastry brush to brush the cooked marinade on the chicken. Return to the oven for 10 more minutes.
- Garnish with chopped scallion.