- 1 c. cornmeal
- 3 c. all-purpose flour
- 1⅓ c. sugar
- 2 Tablespoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup. melted butter
- 2 Tablespoons. honey
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 2 1/2 cups whole milk
Join my free Group. There are a lot of members who exchange their recipes and cooking tips: Click here
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease a 9×13 inch baking dish.
- In a large mixing bowl, stir the cornmeal, flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- Pour in the vegetable oil, melted butter, honey, beaten eggs, and milk, and stir just until moistened.
- Pour the batter into the greased baking dish and bake in 350 degree oven for 45 minutes. Watch the cornbread towards the end, you want it to be turning golden and starting to show some cracks.