My family loves it when I make this simple meal. I add onion and garlic to the beef. When I assemble it in the casserole, I cover the beef with a layer of frozen vegetables, then a little cheese before adding the tater tots. It’s really delicious.
This is really the BEST potato casserole recipe! Layers of amazing flavors combine for an easy and delicious dinner any night of the week! This fantastic potato casserole recipe will quickly become a family favorite! Do you love casseroles as much as we do? Don’t forget to try this recipe for Baked Potatoes and Chicken with Cheese, Broccoli, and Rice soon!
Easy dinners are my favorites and I am a big fan of casseroles, as you well know 🙂. As a mother of two active boys, I’m all for quick and easy dinners that my boys will actually eat. Boys play sports all year round and since my husband or I am always running around with various practices, our family relies on recipes like this delicious and easy Tater Tot Casserole.
I love this easy “Tater Tot Casserole” recipe because it requires only a handful of ingredients and most of them are in my pantry. I often have ground beef and sweet potatoes in the freezer, so this is one of those meals that I can make quickly and easily.
- 1 pound of ground beef
- 1 pack of 1 pound of tater tots
- 1 pinch of salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1 (10.75 ounces) can condense the cream of mushroom soup (or 3 cans if you want it extra creamy)
- 1 or 2 vegetables in 14 oz. cans (whole corn, green beans, etc.)
- Onion and garlic powder (optional)
- Preheat the oven at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- While the oven is preheating, brown the ground beef (season to taste during cooking) and drain the fat.
- Spread the beef in the bottom of a 2 to 2½-quart baking dish.
- Drain the liquid from the vegetables and spread them over the meat.
- Using a rubber spatula, spread the soup cans over the vegetables and meat. Use the soup as is, straight from the can. Do not mix it with anything.
- Place a layer of tater tots on top.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees for 50 minutes.