Vanilla Strawberry Jello Cake. Moist cake with a strawberry jello topping. Perfect for Memorial Day or any Holiday. Delicious to the last bite.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour sifted
- 1 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1 lb. fresh strawberries- hulled and sliced in half
- 1 6 oz. package strawberry jello
- 2 cups boiling water
Join my free Group. There are a lot of members who exchange their recipes and cooking tips: Click here
- Preheat oven to 350*F. Grease and flour two 8 inch x 2-inch baking pans and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl sift together the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- Add butter, milk, and vanilla. With a hand mixer, beat for 2 minutes, occasionally scraping down the sides of the bowl.
- Add eggs and beat for 2 minutes more.
- Pour batter into prepared pans, dividing equally between the pans. Bake 30 to 35 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Remove from oven.
- Cool in the pans for 10 minutes and then turn cakes out onto a cooling rack to cool completely.
- After cooled place cakes on top of each other. Then make jello topping.
- Prepare Jello with 2 cups boiling water and set aside to cool to room temperature.
- Wash, hull and halve the strawberries lengthwise. Add the strawberries and mix well.
- Refrigerate until jello is mostly set and spread across the cakes.
- Refrigerate until jello is firmly set and serve cold.