After trying several clone recipes and adjusting them to my tastes, I’ve concocted what I think is the best clone. Serve topped with finely diced white onions and/or shredded cheese. Enjoy!
- 2 pounds fresh ground beef
- 1-quart tomato juice
- 1 (29-ounce) can tomato purée
- 1 (15-ounce) can red kidney beans, drained
- 1 (15-ounce) can pinto beans, drained
- 1 medium-large onion, chopped (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 1/2 cup diced celery
- 1/4 cup diced green bell pepper
- 1/4 cup chili powder (use less for milder chili)
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin (use more for real flavor)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
Join my free Group. There are a lot of members who exchange their recipes and cooking tips: Click here
- In a large skillet, brown the ground beef. Drain off the fat.
- Put the beef and the remaining ingredients in a 6-quart pot.
- Cover the pot and let the chili simmer for 1 to 1 1/2 hours, stirring every 15 minutes.
- You can also cook this in a slow cooker on low for 3 to 4 hours.