I went to a lot of restaurants back then. None of them can compare or differ as much in my mind as Woolworth’s! The menu offered so many simple but surprisingly delicious dishes and desserts! One of the desserts I remember was their cheesecake!
- 1 package (3 ounces) lemon jelly - shopping list
- 1 cup boiling water
- 8 ounces of cream cheese
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 5 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 can of Carnation milk (12 oz.), well refrigerated
- Graham crackers, crushed
- Dissolve the Jell-O in boiling water. Allow to cool until it thickens slightly.
- Beat cream cheese, sugar and lemon juice in a blender until smooth. Add the thickened jelly and beat well.
- In a separate bowl, beat Carnation Milk until frothy. Add the cream cheese and jelly mixture and beat well with a mixer.
- Line the bottom of 9 x 13 pans with crushed graham crackers.
- Spread the filling and cover with the crushed graham crackers. Cool.
Recipe adapted from and Photo courtesy of: Grouprecipes.com